[ale] update announcements

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 29 20:57:24 EDT 2006

James Sumners wrote:
> Check out the update check script for Debian that I have on my site.
> It is in the "code" section. Schedule it to run once a day and you
> will get notified when security updates are available. Debian stable
> doesn't update except for security patches.

Thanks James, got a URL? ;-)

The only issue I have with what you describe, is that I have many
systems with different applications.  I don't want them updating
automatically (that needs to be scheduled/planned), and I'd prefer to
not run extra scripts on all systems.  I'll give it a look though.

Thanks,

-Jim P.