[ale] yahoo IM problems

Kenneth W Cochran kwc at TheWorld.com
Sat Jul 22 22:53:33 EDT 2006

>Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 22:13:09 -0400
>From: Geoffrey <esoteric at 3times25.net>
>To: ALE <ale at ale.org>
>Subject: [ale] yahoo IM problems
>
>I've just started having problems with gaim and yahoo IM.  Anyone else?
>  I'm trying to figure out if they changed something, or it's on my end.
>
>I'm seeing the following when run with debug turned on:
>
>proxy: Connected.
>proxy: getsockopt SO_ERROR check: Connection timed out
>proxy: Connecting to scs.msg.yahoo.com:5050 with no proxy
>proxy: Connect would have blocked.
>proxy: Connected.
>proxy: getsockopt SO_ERROR check: Connection timed out
>proxy: Connecting to scs.msg.yahoo.com:5050 with no proxy
>proxy: Connect would have blocked.
>
>Thing is, I'm not using a proxy. ??

Yahoo Messenger, as well as their mail, appears to be down.
Looks to me like it's their authentication server(s).
The problem appears to be widespread, if not universal.
If you go to their website & check in the "ask" section there
is some "chatter" about it with (some) saying the problem
should be fixed by 12pm CDT Sunday.  So far I haven't seen
any announcements from Yahoo though.  :(

-kc