[ale] 2. Kubuntu update & new stuff..

Steve Brown braino420 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 14:07:13 EDT 2006

Paul wrote:

>just updated my laptop Kubuntu. Now when I log in I get 6 Kubuntu
>choices..
>2.6.15-13 + failsafe ( original load)
>2.6.15.25 <http://2.6.15.25/> +failsafe ( next update)
>2.6.15.26 <http://2.6.15.26/> + failsafe, newest kernel update.
>
>is is keeping those old images in a folder somewhere? do I need 3
>versions back?
>I am also running E-KDE desktop, Nice !
>when I swing the mouse over to the right, I get MORE DESKTOP!
>I loe the clock & battery meter icons, I guess the fire is the CPU
>temp???

You probably won't need those kernel images. I can't think of a situation
where you would need them again, although I am no exper. The images are
located in /boot

If you just don't want them shown when you boot up (or if you deleted them),
you can remove those entries from grub, which I believe is in /boot/menu.lst
if I'm not mistaken (maybe /boot/grub/menu.lst).

-Steve