[ale] rsync error

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Thu Jul 20 10:52:59 EDT 2006

Nothing wrong with 3B20s especially in comparison to the chain of hotels
I once supported that ran Xenix 1.1 on AT&T 6300s (80286 processors).
Doing tar backups to 5 1/4 inch floppies was so much fun...

That reminds me of another end user story:
We once had to restore one of these sites remotely so walked the end
user through doing the required tar command and putting in the first
floppy then replacing it with the second floppy when prompted about end
of media.  We ended the call with "continue putting in floppies as
prompted" then call us back when it is done.

A short while later the user called back and said "I was able to get 3
of the floppies in the drive but I don't think I can fit any more."