[ale] Newbee needing help #6

Dan Lambert danlambert at bellsouth.net
Tue Jul 18 12:13:11 EDT 2006

Bruce,

You don't need to stifle anything. If you have questions, ASK. That's
what we're supposed to be here for.

There is no reason you shouldn't be able to post questions here at
anytime. The whole object is to learn and advance. Not asking the
questions only slows you down, and impedes your progress in learning the
Linux software model. I still don't know nearly as much as I'd like to,
but I have been able to ask questions of people who are more
knowledgeable than I. I have made good progress, and I'll continue to
ask questions when I have problems.

The best thing I can advise is to find a few guys who are familiar with
your chosen distribution, and ask them the distro specific questions.
You can always ping this group if they don't know the answers, and we
all learn from the question and the answer.

Dan