[ale] OT: Go Vote!

tom tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Tue Jul 18 15:45:44 EDT 2006

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006, Jeff Lightner wrote:

> It sounds as if he thinks women shouldn't have got the vote to me.

Well, I have been accused of being a sexist pig more than once over the
years. 8-/. In point, women in general, doing just about anything at all
fascinate me. Voting included. All us ugly males are a waste of visual
realestate, and and we seem to vote just about as poorly as we look.

I should have figured this crowd would see how weakly worded that was, but
I was attempting to use what I think was quote from a Supreme Court ruling
years ago, and wanted to forstall wisecracks about "ignoring women" or
some such. Guess I was trying too hard...

Now if somebody can suggest a way of requiring voters to use their best
mind, and not so much a heart and or their gonads, I'd love to hear it.