[ale] ASUS P5MT question

Dow_Hurst dhurst at mindspring.com
Sun Jul 16 23:12:29 EDT 2006

JD,
I got it to boot with a SATA primary drive and PATA DVDRW drive.  I am in Compatible Mode for the IDE subsystem with SATA as Primary and PATA as Secondary.  I noticed that the kernel ACPI routines had an error shown in dmesg:

<4>ACPI Error (dsopcode-0460): Attempt to create_field of length zero [20060127]
<4>ACPI Error (psparse-0517): Method parse/execution failed [\_SB_.PCI0.IDE0.RATA] (Node dffb7400), AE_AML_OPERAND_VALUE
<4>ACPI Error (psparse-0517): Method parse/execution failed [\_SB_.PCI0.IDE0.CHN1.DRV0._GTF] (Node dffb7620), AE_AML_OPERAND_VALUE

so I disabled ACPI and used the install routine that deselects using ACPI for Suse 10.1.  That combination finally worked.  I'll put the PATA 80Gb drive somewhere else useful and put in a decent SATA drive for the installation.  I'll keep my nice WD4000YR drives for the RAID.  I also need to now doublecheck I can still boot if the RAID card goes back in.  I'm switching cases as well to enhance the cooling of the drives.  It is a Antec P180 Adv. Super Mid Tower.  A really nice design for a lot of quiet air moving in the right directions.  I appreciate your advice!  Thanks for helping out,
Dow