[ale] [OT] Motorola Q?

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Sun Jul 16 16:19:37 EDT 2006

Anybody using a Mot-Q?

Do you have e-mail working well?  Know of a best practices guide
online somewhere?

I picked one up yesterday (Verizon evdo service),  what I've learned so far:

gmail is not compatible, even though it has a pop3 service. See
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/Gmail-POP-and-Forwarding/browse_thread/thread/b923be86e7fd0ff0/ba3c51035273b0e3?lnk=raot&hl=en

Hotmail which I expected to have the best integration, lacks a lot,
and killed my battery in less than 8 hours of background e-mail
checking (or so I hope.  If not, what did?).

I guess my next effort will be to try a pure pop3 server on every 15
minutes poll setup.  I have one available, but I'm tired of the trial
& error process.  I just want to know what works.

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer
The Norcross Group