[ale] Dazed and confused, but trying to continue

Dow Hurst Dow.Hurst at mindspring.com
Sun Jul 16 13:50:50 EDT 2006

Jim,
NMI's are typically (others correct me if I'm wrong) generated by kernel
crashes caused by hardware problems.  You may see this again or never
again.  I'd be sure to visit the machine and check on hardware contacts,
dust buildup, stray neutrinos or gamma rays.  It is a tough business
blocking those gamma rays from flipping bits but those issues must be
prevented by the lead lined cases on high availability hardware.  ;)
Dow