[ale] [Slightly OT] Weird request...

William Bagwell rb211 at tds.net
Sun Jul 16 02:55:18 EDT 2006

On Sunday 16 July 2006 01:44 am, fd0man??The Magical Floppy Man wrote:
> Yep, I have tested with that now already, as well as a couple of other
> test "viruses" that exist?EICAR has been around for a very long time.
> What I am looking to see is how comprehensive the coverage provided by
> my software is (I don't know of any AV that doesn't detect EICAR, since
> EICAR has been around for ages. ?I used to use it to make sure that
> users knew what their "Virus detected" screens looked like, and actually
> still do. ?:) ?EICAR is perfect for me testing the messages that the
> server sends when I customize them and the like; I am just looking for
> something more comprehensive.

Use a throw away address and post to several widely diverse usenet groups.
You'll get plenty:)

Still have a 'Bloze box so I don't intentionally save what few get through
my ISPs filters. Only one I know for sure that was accidentally archived is
Happy 99. (Was avgraging four a day way back when...) Even if I could find
it, doubt it would do you much good.
--
William