[ale] "Good" Newsreader for GNOME/Ubuntu?

Michael B. Trausch fd0man at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 21:24:29 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-07-13 at 17:01 -0600, JK wrote:

> Michael B. Trausch wrote:
>
> > The only other thing I really need to do is a little more research on
> > finding a "jump to the next unread" message.
>
> In Thunderbird? Just hit the spacebar. That will scroll the
> current message down, or if you're at the bottom, skip to
> the next unread message (even if it is in a different
> account's folder).

Sorry, I probably should have been more clear?I am (at present) working
with Evolution? I don't see any way to jump to the next message, like in
most readers you can press "n" or "N" to go to the next new (unread)
message.  I might go back to Thunderbird still yet, though it is a bit
"heavy" for what I would use it for, just being a newsreader.

I will have to wait and see, though.  If I cannot find something that
let's me do what I want in Evolution, and the devs do something silly
like mark it WONTFIX in their bug tracker, then I will probably go back
to Thunderbird, at least for news.  I don't want to go back to it for
everything, because I like Evolution's ability to work with calendaring
and appointments and the like.

    Thanks,
    Mike