[ale] "Good" Newsreader for GNOME/Ubuntu?

Michael B. Trausch fd0man at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 12:08:53 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-07-13 at 14:41 +0000, Jason Lunz wrote:
> >  * View only threads that have unread messages in them, in addition
> >    to all threads.
> >  * Supports attachments and HTML posts, both reading and writing (I
> >    have to deal with lots of OE users in an online learning=20
> >    environment).
> >  * Supports specifying non-standard ports OR supports NNTPS -- if it
> >    doesn't support NNTPS, I have to use non-standard ports because
> >    I would have to use stunnel to connect to (multiple) servers.
> >  * Has a "next read message" key or shortcut.
> >  * Things like plonking, scoring, etc. do not matter to me.
>
> Have you looked at Thunderbird? It does all these things.

You know, I don't really know why I didn't think about that.  I had
moved away from Thunderbird at one point because it couldn't handle the
insane amount of messages that I was getting at the time, though as of
now that shouldn't be a problem as I have significantly dropped my
mailing list memberships.  The only thing is that Mozilla Calendar
stinks yet.

Oh, why can't there just be perfect software?!  :-P