[ale] XGL

Tejus Parikh tejus at vijedi.net
Sun Jul 9 10:32:30 EDT 2006

Dow,

It's pretty straight forward on SUSE.  It was just a matter of
installing a few rpms and changing a few settings.  I used Novell's
tutorial:
http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/feature/17174.html

Fedora Core 5 was a little more complicated, mostly since it didn't
come with that nice configuration gui.  I found this thread on the
Fedora forums that explains how to do it:
http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=111771&page=1&pp=15

I haven't complied it from scratch or installed it on any other distro
yet, so I probbably couldn't help you there.

On a side note, Xgl is pretty nice on my laptop with an embedded video
card, but it is amazingly fast on my desktop with the Nvidia card.

Tejus