[ale] HP 4200 All in One Installation

Vikram Nanda vikramnanda at exsculpo.com
Sat Jul 8 10:13:17 EDT 2006

Hi,

I was trying to install HP 4200 on my KUbuntu system - I got the
following error message:

/Unable to load the requested driver. Unable to create the foomatic
driver [HP-Officejet_4200.hpijs]. Either that driver does not exist, or
you dont have required permissions to perform that operation./

Here is the output on the command line:

$ sudo systemsettings
Password:

X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 168
  Major opcode:  145
  Minor opcode:  3
  Resource id:  0x0
Failed to open device
X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 168
  Major opcode:  145
  Minor opcode:  3
  Resource id:  0x0
Failed to open device
Xlib: No protocol specified

kdeinit: Can't connect to the X Server.
kdeinit: Might not terminate at end of session.
Xlib: No protocol specified

kded: cannot connect to X server :0.0
DCOP aborting call from 'anonymous-17860' to 'kded'
kded: ERROR: Communication problem with kded, it probably crashed.
adding Printers /usr/share/applications/kde/printers.desktop
ScimInputContextPlugin()
perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
        LANGUAGE = "en",
        LC_ALL = (unset),
        LANG = "en"
*** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (!prev): 0x0816e838 ***
Entity: line 2486: parser error : Extra content at the end of the document
  </printer>
            ^
printer 'HP-OfficeJet_4200' not found!
kdeprint: WARNING: PPD syntax error, PPD parse failed
Xlib: No protocol specified

Xlib: No protocol specified

Xlib: No protocol specified

knotify: cannot connect to X server :0.0
ERROR: KUniqueApplication: Registering failed!
ERROR: Communication problem with knotify, it probably crashed.

Any idea, If I need to un-install/re-install any packages