[ale] Converting GIFs to PDF

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Jul 4 07:51:35 EDT 2006

Vikram Nanda wrote:
> I have a bunch of GIF images which I need to convert to PDF format and
> zoom them to 1.5 times on the command line..
>
> I tried converting the gifs to ttf format and then pdf - the image
> shrunk to 1/4th of its size. I would appreciate If I could get some
> directions on doing this.

You can do this with convert from imagemagick.  I don't know why you got
a reduced size.  You might have to resize it first, then convert to pdf.
  I'm pretty sure that either way you go, you'll lose sharpness in the
image because it will have to interpolate pixels when it grows the image.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little
security will deserve neither and lose both.  - Benjamin Franklin