[ale] Software RAID1 rebuild after HDD failure (How to do?)

Ryan Fish FishR at bellsouth.net
Mon Jul 3 10:59:57 EDT 2006

When I look at grub.conf on my home box that is using SW RAID1 grub.conf
only mentions /dev/had as the boot drive.  If had were to fail would I need
to manually update grub.conf to look to /dev/hdb for it to know to boot from
it instead?  I just don't see how I could have two copies of the same file
in the same place in a RAID and not have some sort of issue due to it.

Thank you.
-Ryan