[ale] Hopefully last LCD question

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at comcast.net
Fri Jan 27 09:24:16 EST 2006

Chris, that's a really good question.  When I got back into programming
in 2004, I was doing it on a widescreen laptop and I had the same
concern as you.  I think Thomas' point carries the day in the end, at
least in my opinion.  One could contend that you don't need to be
writing code such that you're actually dealing with more than 15" of it
at a time anyway (modularize, modularize, modularize!!).

I'm using a big tube monitor (20" or 21") at work, which is good, but
I'm having to look above the horizontal for the top quarter of the screen.

But really, think of what Thomas said - what *else* do you have up when
you code?  I typically have two or three shell windows up on the left
and a kate window full of Python on the right.  It's very common to have
a Web browser or what have you for reference or requirements docs.

Jeff