[ale] SSH session ends immediately after authentication

Jason Day jason.day at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 13:47:27 EST 2006

On 1/26/06, Jim Popovitch <jimpop at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Same client from a diff network?  If so, check settings in
> ~/.ssh/config.  Also, have you verified on the server that you have a
> valid shell specified in /etc/passwd?  Finally, has the auth scheme in
> sshd_config been changed on the server?

Three different clients on three different networks: openssh, pssh (PalmOS
client), and putty.  I know there were valid shells in /etc/passwd
yesterday, but I don't have physical access right now.  Nothing was changed
in sshd_config or anywhere else, at least not by me.  My concern is that
it's been compromised.

Thanks,
Jason

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9