[ale] Averatec - Dell LCD's

Jim ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Wed Jan 25 10:54:17 EST 2006

James P. Kinney III wrote:

>On Wed, 2006-01-25 at 10:01 -0500, Geoffrey wrote:
>

>>Paul Cartwright wrote:

>>>can I use that at the beach instead?? I'm more a sun & surf kinda guy..
>>>that way, I can keep the laptop out and away from all the salt spray:)
>>>

>>Not a problem. Have you a tractor trailer to pull the projector with?
>>

>I'm envisioning orbital LCD screens with GPS-based projection systems.
>The polarized front grating allows only people in a narrow area to
>actually view the screen output. Sort of like the privacy screens for
>"normal" monitors. Except these will display a different image based
>your position.
>
>Hey! It's not real so I dream big can't I?!

This is way overkill.  Properly constructed with the right lenses a
device millimeters from your eye can provide you with exactly the same
images.  It is a trivial task to sense eye movement and redisplay the
images as if you were searching the sky for your content.  Also when
you're lying face down and that sweet honey is giving you a massage of
your life, you can still keep looking with out a mirror.

Jim.