[ale] Still can't get wireless to work.

Jim ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Wed Jan 25 10:42:14 EST 2006

Geoffrey wrote:

>Jim wrote:
>

>>Setting the ip address with ifconfig wlan0 192.168.2.52 ... worked
>>fine.  It is now communicating.  I guess it's that dhcp won't work with
>>this card.
>>

>Do you have BOOTPROTO='dhcp' set in the device config?

Yes,

Since it worked manually I proceeded to tear ifup appart and see what
makes it tick.  While screwing around with that, I found a utility
called ifup-dhcp.  Hey, nothing else works, so why not?

It worked.  Man ifup-dhcp does nothing.   I have no idea what it is, but
all I know is that when I did a
ifup-dhcp wlan0 -o debug,auto
dhcp assigned an address to wlan0 .

Go figure, thanks everyone