[ale] Averatec

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Tue Jan 24 12:28:37 EST 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-24 at 10:37, Geoffrey wrote:
> Wow, a sempron 3000+, I'll bet you can cook eggs on the cover when it's
> on but closed. :)  I'll bet the thing is noisy for a laptop.  Has to
> have some substantial cooling.

When doing a search on the Internet on this unit one of the complaints
was heat.  Also another one was turn around on repairs.  Unfortunately
if I need my laptop fixed I need it fast so I should just stick to name
brands like HP.

Fry's had a small toshiba that was a notebook but much smaller.  Maybe a
7" screen.  I liked it but it was $2100.  Amazing price for something so
small.  It was a pad so you could use a stylus to write on the screen.

I'm thinking maybe a DV6000 HP that has a 15.4" screen.  Whatever I buy
will have Windows immediately erased and replaced by FC4.