[ale] Bridging + Firewall

Joe Steele joe at madewell.com
Fri Jan 20 20:53:45 EST 2006

If you want to create a rule that matches a physical device associated
with a bridge, then you can use the physdev module to identify the device.

For example, the following allows pings arriving on eth1 to be forwarded:

iptables -A FORWARD -m physdev --physdev-in eth1 -p icmp --icmp-type
echo-request -j ACCEPT

--Joe