[ale] Wine

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Fri Jan 20 14:20:05 EST 2006

None, with the exception of native linux softphone apps, of which I use or need.
Not every product is for everyone,but I choose to run Linux desktop and it has never been a handicap.
If I have to run an application that requires a legacy OS, then I have VMware.
I made some recommendations in response to questions someone had regarding WINE.  I wasn't advocating everyone run Linux.
-jt

James Taylor
The East Cobb Group, Inc.
678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
http://www.eastcobbgroup.com

James Taylor wrote:

> CrossOver Office from Codeweavers will handle almost any business
> related windows software on Linux,

Well, not exactly.  Things like Softphones don't work under CXO, nor do
business connectivity applications (iPass, etc).  Then there are things
like CNN's Pipeline application, Google Earth, and Mobile Phone Sync
tools.  Linux still has some way to go in the desktop space.

- Jim P.