[ale] OT - ghost

fostermail at bellsouth.net fostermail at bellsouth.net
Mon Jan 16 13:40:22 EST 2006

When I hear of Norton Ghost I think of a retail windows version of dd. If I had to deal with your lunchboxes- Are they "Remains of the day" lunchboxes?- I would pull the drives, set the slave jumpers and mount them from a filesystem with sufficient free space. The k3b or cdrecord bin will copy what you want to backup or save. There is also a split program; and an easy 'split --help' is around pp 19x of the linux cookbook [coed cheese wringing cover illustration.] I don't yet know why dd is best used with floppies with a block size of 18k.