[ale] OT - ghost

Bill West westwd30087 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 10 19:54:52 EST 2006

Mea culpa for tapping the brain trust on a non-Linux
issue but it is sorta related.  At work I had to clone
some old German Lunch box computers running SCO Unix.
The old lunch boxes are dying and the newer lunch
boxes have LS120 floppy drives and can't read the SCO
boot disk.  The software has not been updated to run
on any other UNIX flavor and SCO doesn't support the
10 year old version we are running.
After installing a USB PCI card I was able to get an
image on a USB drive with Ghost2003.  I  did a second
image with the ghost switch, split=650, so I could put
it on CDs.  Ghost2003 says you can do this but says it
won't support it. It says to burn the files to the CD
but it doesn't tell you what you need in addition to
the image files.  I have tried it several different
ways but ghost always comes back with the error "Error
CD/DVD not generated by ghost (1972)" and it won't
restore.  I went to the the support website, I read
the manual, and I googled. Nada..... Any hints?

Thanks in advance for your insight,
Bill