[ale] Installation sources

Trey Sizemore trey at fastmail.fm
Fri Jan 6 19:33:19 EST 2006

On Fri Jan 06, 2006 04:27PM, Jack Schneider wrote:
> Hi, Group
>
> I am a lurker of about three months.   I am  humiliated to be asking
> such a naive question, but here goes after a little background.  I have
> a Suse Linux 10.0 install with KDE 3.5 so what I'm asking pertains to
> the ale SuSE mirror.      What installation source entries should I be
> puting in the Yast2 Installation Source window so I may keep the system
> updated?
> I am nearby in Tennessee so I've used ale.org and the Georgia Tech
> software library.
> I use a slow  1xRTT  wireless connection  since my dialup is limited to
> 24kbs with  no hope for higher speeds.  I actually get 144+ kbs in the
> wee hours so most file transfers are done then.
>
> If someone can point me to a reference I will RTFM.  At this point I
> just need  a simple list of server directories that Yast will accept.
>
> Thanks in advance..
>
> Jack

Check out http://www.opensuse.org/Additional_YaST_Package_Repositories

Lots of other good openSUSE info here as well.

--
Cheers,
Trey

Whenever I hear anyone arguing for slavery, I feel a strong impulse to
see it tried on him personally.
		-- A. Lincoln

Linux chameleon 2.6.15-rc6-git2-20051229170200-default i686 GNU/Linux
  7:32pm  up   7:48,  4 users,  load average: 2.42, 1.42, 0.62