[ale] Advice

smokeyrd at bellsouth.net smokeyrd at bellsouth.net
Wed Jan 4 17:45:01 EST 2006

lol, there are many points that you have, and i have considered nearly all of them carefully, but when i was faced with telling the bosses that this linux system is inherantly more stable, but we have nobody on staff that can fix it sufficiently, they held my hand to the fire, sang a few chants, and asked me if i wanted to recant my beliefs.  Needless to say, i am stuck with going to windows. also, i meant to say a dl-140 earlier...but you got the point. the biggest thing holding that machine back was non hot-swap and no hardware raid. hence going to the 360/380. I must admit that although i find it hard to swallow the M$ egg, i think that overall, the company is doing what is right for them because of the people they have on staff both in it and in the desks.  I might find that i have done a terrible thing later on by letting them stick with m$, but im hoping for the best and trusting in the people that are going to be setting up/configuring this server that they will know what they are doing and wont screw it up...when it comes down to it.  And yes, i was told that we will be doing M$ because those that are higher up are just plain afraid of linux because they dont understand it. its unfortunate, but errors beget evolution...hopefully we will evolve fast enough! thanks for all the input, everyone, and to those that i didnt respond to directly, sorry, ive just been so busy and i didnt want to crowd the mailing list with repetitive convos.
-Rob