[ale] Asterisk Success

Robert Story rstory-l at revelstone.com
Tue Jan 3 17:09:07 EST 2006

On Tue, 03 Jan 2006 15:36:14 -0500 Christopher wrote:
CF> I guess the only way I could control my hunt group is by extension.  Sp
CF> I group all lines of the T1 under one phone number.  I then use
CF> extenstions to route them.

I think there is another option. Now, I'm pretty rusty on my telecom, but you
should google on DID and/or DNIS... You can use the number dialed to route the
call... The part I'm not sure about is if you can prevent all available trunks
from being taken up by calls to a single number.. I don't know if the CO would
offer 24 lines, with 20 in a DID/DNIS group and 4 others that weren't...