[ale] wiki recommendations?

Charles Shapiro hooterpincher at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 10:19:04 EST 2006

Well, I run TWiki ( http://twiki.org ) on my site (http://tomshiro.org).
It's had a security hole, which I got nailed on but fixed.  It's all cgi-bin
scripts. Since it's written in perl,  having good perl Chops helps with
admin and installation.

I've also played with MediaWiki ( http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki ),
which is what wikipedia uses.
It's probly about as hard to install as MoinMoin though. OTOH my coder
friend who Can't Install Anything actually managed to get it to work at his
office.

At work we're using VeryQuickWiki ( http://www.vqwiki.org/ ) which is really
easy to install if you already have tomcat running. That'll involve
installing both java and tomcat, which may be hirsute depending on your
distro. VeryQuickWiki is kind of minimalist on features too.

Hope this helps..

-- CHS