[ale] Monarch Computer

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Sat Dec 30 17:37:27 EST 2006

On Sat December 30 2006 2:21 pm, Jeff Lightner wrote:
> However, support for Linux at Dell BITES even though they claim to
> do that!

ok, I gott throw my 1 1/2 cents in..
I had to call DELL support when I couldn't load Red Hat 3.6 on a new
Dell server. The problem was, of course, RHES 3.6 doesn't support the
latest & greatest RAID Perc5 drivers, OR the new BNX2 ethernet cards.
But I was able to get it done with Dells support tech helping me. I was
able to create a driver disk, using dd command, and I was able to
load my application from a kickstart CD AND he helped me get the
network up and running afterwards. ALL in the same day, one one call.

YMMV . And I had to call them BACK on another install, because the
network bnx drivers disappeared, and I couldn't make them come back.
referring to my original ticket saved LOTS of time and got us going in
minutes. the second time I also got a different tech, who, again, was
linux friendly.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800