[ale] Monarch Computer

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Fri Dec 29 10:28:57 EST 2006

On Fri, 2006-12-29 at 10:04 -0500, James P. Kinney III wrote:

> At the moment, I don't know of anyplace where I can spec a system and
> have it run (or even get shipped with) RedHat, Debian, Gentoo, or
> Slackware AND get great support after the sale.
>
> If anyone has some leads for a replacement for the Monarch of about 3
> years ago, don't keep it a secret :)

http://www.mbx.com/

We've bought _many_ systems from them and they have our BOM on file.
Every system is the same.  I have a build CD that allows me to place FC
on the system in under 10 minutes but they have offered to do the work
for me.  The build CD changes too much so I do it myself.  They will
build to your spec and load with your distribution.  Support is a phone
all or email away and I get excellent support with advanced replacement
of all parts.

They will also put your custom logo on the machine.

In town try http://www.senecadata.com/csi/
They build many clusters for educational customers and can custom build
systems to your spec.  They will also pre-load your distribution of
choice.  Everything is built in Alpharetta.