[ale] Can't remember model of mainboard I have

Trey Sizemore trey at fastmail.fm
Wed Dec 27 12:32:49 EST 2006

On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 09:23:01 -0500
Trey Sizemore <trey at fastmail.fm> wrote:

> Hi all-
>
> It seems silly to me, but for the life of me I can't find out what
> make/model of mainboard I have in one of my machines.  It's fairly
> recent - runs an Intel 2.8GHz CPU.  However, I cannot find any badge
> or markings on the board itself to give a clue.
>
> Is there some other way to tell...perhaps a Linux utility I can run
> that will give the needed info?
>
> I've got a couple ATA drives in there now that I'm looking to replace
> with SATA.  I need to know if the mainboard supports SATA and, if so,
> what speed.
>
> I usually keep the manuals for these things, but can't seem to find
> one for the mainboard I have here.
>
> Thanks!

Found (partially) what I needed by pausing the boot sequence to grab
teh BIOS serial number which points to an ECS board.  Now to find which
one....

--
Cheers,
Trey

"He flung himself on his horse and rode madly off in all directions"

Linux laptop 2.6.16.21-0.25-default i686 GNU/Linux
 12:31pm  up 10 days  4:28,  6 users,  load average: 1.18, 1.00, 0.99