[ale] Encryprted External Modems

John Mills johnmills at speakeasy.net
Mon Dec 18 17:48:21 EST 2006

Christopher -

I have had very poor experience with Hyperterminal. 'TeraTerm-Pro' is much
better, and free. See also 'PuTTY'. Either of them does SSH console
sessions out of MsWin. TeraTerm looks more like Hyperterminal and
shouldn't dismay a MsWin user. There are a few differences from HT in the
configuring controls, IIRC, but functionally they arrive about the same
spot. With the significant advantage that TeraTerm _works_. &8-)

 - Mills