[ale] SMTP problems

David Corbin dcorbin at machturtle.com
Sun Dec 17 07:02:39 EST 2006

My wife uses email to help manage her community band.  There seem to be
problems when she sends to yahoo.com addresses.

Earlier, she had an email rejected because yahoo seems to think that it was
SPAM due to the number of recipients (or something like that).  There are
about 14 band members with yahoo accounts.

Today she got a rejection message saying:
--snip--
.net 015: The destination mail system was not reachable withing the
allowed period.

Note: This error message is usually due to one of the following
network problems:
a. The recipient's mail system is turned off.
b. The destination mail system is not currently running.
--end--

I tried to decode the headers, but I have trouble figuring out exactly which
system couldn't talk to yahoo for 3 days.  If someone would volunteer, I'll
send them the message source (w/headers) off-list.

Anyone else have trouble sending to yahoo mail?

David