[ale] Cyrus imapd to PST converter?

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Sat Dec 16 14:03:23 EST 2006

On 12/15/06, Jay Loden <jloden at toughguy.net> wrote:

> Greg Freemyer wrote:
> > All,
> >
> > I have 6 mailboxes that supposedly came from a cyrus imapd server.
> > (postfix was also in the mix.)  There is one large text file per
> > mailbox.
> >
> > I need to get these into a PST file.  Does anyone know of a converter
> > that can do that.
> >
> > I really do not want to setup a IMAP server, so a simple converter is
> > definitely preferred.
> > Thanks
> > Greg
>
> I think you should be able to do this with some help from Outlook and IMAPSize:
>
> http://www.broobles.com/imapsize/th2outlook.php
> http://www.broobles.com/imapsize/download.php
>
> -Jay

Thanks,

I've done a little more research and it appears that Cyrus uses a
non-standard message format unique to itself.  I'm not really sure
about that, but that is the impression I get.

Anyway I found some conversion tools that will convert to Cyrus
format, but nothing that will go the other way around.

I'm going to see if my client can just hook up an Outlook client and
copy the e-mail to a PST file via Outlook without my having to convert
the raw Cyrus files.

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer