[ale] DHCP name resolution REAL sloooooow.....

dmcnash at charter.net dmcnash at charter.net
Thu Dec 14 20:05:41 EST 2006

DHCP responses can provide other configuration information such as the addresses of DNS servers, proxys and so on.  The DNS entries get stuffed in resolv.conf (I think.)

I noticed my ISP's (charter) provided DNS servers were slow and intermitant  yesterday evening.  Was there some internet wide problems yesterday?
--

dmc