[ale] Internet access under Linux

Jerry Yu jjj863 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 11:34:26 EDT 2006

time & again, I am disappointed & "shocked" to learn that big ISPs like
Comcast don't have service monitors built for their important services. They
probably have big/expensive NMS suites in place, but (end-to-end) service
monitoring seems to be always get left out once the big/expensive NMS
consults left.
More often than not,  I have to tell them it is their router/dhcp server at
fault instead of my networking gears, while the rep insist that there's no
outage reported/logged. Hmmm, maybe the customer complaints of outages is
their default and only end-to-end service monitors ?