[ale] setting up WP sandbox on Ubuntu...

Step random4444 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 20:52:54 EDT 2006

After a day to let my brain rest (and take care of other business) I'm back
at it.  I finally thought to use 'man ps', now I have a better idea what
that's doing compared to what I'm used to.  The QNX implementation is very
lightweight compared to the full Linux version.

I've got all the mysql processes killed off again, then lampp started up
(which started the lampp mysql?).  Then tried deleting the sock, stopping
and starting  mysql, etc...

Now I'm ready to just remove everything and start over.  So...remove
mysql-server and mysql-client?  Do I need to remove -common or anything
else?

If anyone wants to contact me off-list and help me out, I'd really
appreciate it.  Either way, I'll fumble around some more and see if I can
get any further.

Chris, sounds like you don't care for the "GNUtards".  :)