[ale] From DSL to Fiber

David A. De Graaf dad at datix.us
Thu Aug 24 13:36:59 EDT 2006

On Thu, Aug 24, 2006 at 01:13:46PM -0400, Steve Brown wrote:
> >Ryan Fish wrote:
> >And, yes, you are stuck at 1.5MB when using IFITL and there is no time
> frame
> >for an upgrade (I've asked SEVERAL times).  If it wasn't such a pain in the
> >butt I'd have switched to cable for 6MB long ago.  I do love the fact there
> >is no modem to deal with when using IFITL though...
>

> Don't mean to nitpick, but I think you mean 1.5Mb and 6Mb
> It's just important for people like me who are learning :)
>
> I would give up a kidney for 6MBps....
> -Steve

Well, I can nitpick, too.
Just what happens after you've downloaded your 1.5 MegaBytes or
6 Megabits?
Does the connection terminate forever, never to be seen again?

I think what you both mean is 1.5 MB/s (MegaBytes/second) or 1.5 Mb/s
(Megabits/second).

Precision in speaking and writing is essential for those who are
learning, and a great timesaver for everyone.

Question:  If an airplane flies at 200 knots/hr how long will it take
to reach the speed of light?

Answer:  Never.  It'll crash on takeoff.  There are no runways long
enough.

--
	David A. De Graaf    DATIX, Inc.    Hendersonville, NC
	dad at datix.us         www.datix.us