[ale] Mandrake PATH headache

Charles Shapiro hooterpincher at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 10:02:46 EDT 2006

Aha. Interesting.  My preliminary googling indicates that there's a
"startkde" thing, and I'm guessing it's a script. If that's the case, that's
probably got ${PATH} settings in it. Or you could add it to
${HOME}/.xsession if you wanted to change ${PATH} for a specific login.  I
tend to segregate tasks by login, so that's probably the way I'd go. Alas,
I'm at work in Windoze World and can't directly check this.  Bummer.

Anyways for me I'd want to keep all that java hideousity segregated into the
scripts that needed it. But that's mostly a Religious Issue.

-- CHS