[ale] [Slightly OT] Help with a quick shell script?

fd0man™—The Magical Floppy Man fd0man at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 10:43:15 EDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-16 at 10:32 -0400, Charles Shapiro wrote:

> Oops, actually you should use "export IFS=\
> ".
>
> Looks like otherwise you'll have trouble with 'n' in your output due
> to annoying quoting issues. This script works for me:

I already had a reply written and noticed this before I hit the send
button.  :-)  I was utterly confused.  I did not know that you could
embed newlines directly in a quoted string, and that is pretty good.
What worked for me was just:

IFS="
"

So now, I just need to get the rest of the script working, but that
shouldn?t be terribly hard.  Thanks!

    ? Mike

--
The fd0man??The Magical Floppy Man! (fd0man at gmail.com)
"One world, one web, one program"  ?Microsoft promotional ad