[ale] Hey! Maybe Alabama is cooler than us after all!

KingBahamut gwosbahamut at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 09:56:25 EDT 2006

the Death Wagon. Charles, you must be married.

Did a group at the house month or so back, tried to setup to do it again,
things got in the way, but yer welcome to come to my house, drink like a
fish and talk geek.

On 8/15/06, Charles Shapiro <hooterpincher at gmail.com> wrote:

> So I've been watching the Birmingham BarCamp (
> http://barcamp.org/BarCampBirmingham ) develop. They are planning a mixer
> at a downtown restaurant 8pm Friday the 25 of August followed by a day of
> classes and discussion at a church in Vestavia Hills, an area just South of
> the UAB campus in the center of the downtown area.  I've been to the
> restaurant, it's pretty ok for a chain fern bar.  Proposed sessions include
> AJAX, Ruby on Rails, interface design, Asterix and other open source pbx
> systems, RFID, and more. The day will end with an outing at a local park.
> They currently have 38 people signed up to go.
>
> I'm probably going to take the afternoon off from my faceless cubicle job
> and drive out there, get a hotel room, and hang out a bit before the
> official starting dinner.  I'll be glad to take a couple-three riders in my
> All American Petroleum Fueled Death Wagon if we can arrange a meeting place
> and time.
>
> And what does Atlanta have for this ? Bupkis. We're so pathetic.  Perhaps
> this'll crank me up enough to think about an Atlanta BarCamp.
>
> -- CHS
>

> On 7/28/06, Charles Shapiro <hooterpincher at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Looks like they're having a barcamp late in August (
> > http://barcamp.org/BarCampBirmingham ) . I'm definitely interested in
> > this. Anyone else?
> >
> > The Atlanta barcamp ( http://barcamp.org/BarCampAtlanta ) , alas, is
> > moribund. I keep hoping and checking back though.
> >
> > -- CHS

KingBahamut
http://doc.gwos.org - Definitive Ubuntu Documentation
"I could tell you the probability, but you wouldnt like it."