[ale] Enterprise monitoring solutions

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Mon Aug 14 23:36:50 EDT 2006

I'm admittedly biased, but I would use ZENworks rather than LanDesk.
The ZENworks server components can be run on Linux, Windows or NetWare, and support Windows and Linux clients for W/S management. It supports Windows, Linux, Solaris and NetWare directly as part of the server management agents, and pretty much anything else through snmp.

If you're interested soley in Asset Management, ZEN Asset Manager is based on what was Talley NetCensus, which is an acknowledged leader in enterprise asset management and compliance monitoring.

All of the database components support use of MsSQL or Oracle, in addition to either MDSE or Sybase SQLAnyWhere.

-jt

James Taylor
The East Cobb Group, Inc.
678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
http://www.eastcobbgroup.com

>>> "James P. Kinney III" <jkinney at localnetsolutions.com> 08/14/06 10:43 PM >>>
If you could choose _ANY_ "Enterprise Monitoring Solution" would you
choose LanDesk?

Why or why not.
http://www.localnetsolutions.com

<jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>