[ale] Kubuntu won't sudo

fd0man™—The Magical Floppy Man fd0man at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 21:50:49 EDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-08-14 at 16:22 -0400, Charles Shapiro wrote:

> Uh, make sure that you don't have an /etc/adjtime file which is
> forcing the  clock to be wrong.  I managed to create one of these by
> accident and spent way too long trying to figure out what was
> happening.
>
> As for the specific "sudo" problemo, Google is Your Friend. Your
> problem is that sudo(8) keeps the sudo session open for a while after
> you start it so that you don't have to enter your password each time
> you sudo a new command. You can use the "-k" switch to clear the time
> it was last invoked, which should fix your trouble.  I found further
> details at http://my.opera.com/render/blog/show.dml/337121 and in the
> sudo(8) man page.

Generally, IME, I have found that the -k switch does not work the first
time.  The couple of times that I have had to reset my timestamp, I
generally wind up having to do something like this:

$ for i in `seq 1 100000` ; do sudo -k ; done

Which sometimes will fix it; sometimes I need to do that a second or
third time.

    ? Mike

--
The fd0man??The Magical Floppy Man! (fd0man at gmail.com)
"One world, one web, one program"  ?Microsoft promotional ad