[ale] FC5 updates

Brian D. Pitts bpitts at LearnLink.Emory.Edu
Sun Aug 13 02:31:37 EDT 2006

Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts <ale at ale.org> on Wed Aug  9 2006 at 13:54 -0500 wrote:
>Yep....that would be me.
>
>OUR updates dont take nearly that long, more like minutes instead of hours.

And we now have handy maintenance releases.

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-announce/2006-August/000088.html

"This is the first maintenance release of Ubuntu 6.06 LTS, which
continues to be supported with maintenance updates and security fixes
until June 2009 (on desktops) and June 2011 (on servers).

Over 300 post-release updates have been pre-applied, so that fewer
updates will need to be downloaded after installation, and a number of
bugs in the installation system have been corrected.  These include
security updates and corrections for other high-impact bugs, with a
focus on maintaining stability and compatibility with Ubuntu 6.06 LTS.
We do not expect that certifications against Ubuntu 6.06 LTS will need
to be updated for this maintenance release."

-Brian