[ale] spam

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Sat Aug 12 09:56:03 EDT 2006

On Sat August 12 2006 8:48 am, Geoffrey wrote:
> Anyone care to share the % of messages they still get with their
> current spam solutions? ?I'm looking at putting a better solution in
> place, but don't want to do a lot of trial and error if I can
> leverage the lists experiences.

I use kmail & spamassassin. what gets by that setup, I also send to
spamcop.net. I go to that message in kmail, and do a :
ALT-v h a  ( alt-view headers all)
copy all the headers ( CTRL-C), do :
ALT-v h f ( View headers fancy, my "normal" view)
forward the message, pasting the headers into the forwarding section,
send to my spamcop.net  submit email ( free, sign up for one)
spamcop  <submit.Jmy_submit_address at spam.spamcop.net>
and spamcop sends me a link back that brings up a web page with all the
right people to forward the spam too.
it is a pain, but I go the extra distance for people that get by my
filters:)
when I get 300-400 spam messages in my spam folder, I'll do an
sa-learn --spam *
from my spam/cur folder
--
Paul Cartwright