[ale] OT: Oracle Monitoring Tools

Ryan Fish FishR at bellsouth.net
Wed Aug 9 15:37:09 EDT 2006

I'd like to be alerted if the db becomes unavailable, runs short on table
space and all of the other "normal" things (btw, I'm no DBA by any means).
There are currently scripts in place to look for errors in the logs, etc.
but I need to get more in depth than that as cheaply as possible.

I do already have Nagios running on the environment to monitor standard
things (disk space, load avgs, processes, etc.) and would be interested in
finding a way to use it in the monitoring effort.  However, I'm also not a
script writer (although I should be) so I'd be looking for a set of plug-ins
to use if they exist.

Thank you.

-Ryan

  _____