[ale] ALE LIST PROBLEM

Alan Dobkin ALE at MaestroIT.com
Wed Aug 9 10:03:31 EDT 2006

I have not received any messages today, including the one below....

Alan

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [ale] ping
Date: 	Wed, 09 Aug 2006 09:05:40 -0400
From: 	Alan Dobkin <ALE at MaestroIT.com>
To: ale at ale.org
To: 	Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts <ALE at ALE.org>

Christopher Fowler wrote:
> I think there may be a problem.  I received the pong but never the
> ping.

Same here.  Looking at the web archives, I am randomly missing a bunch
of messages since last week:

Today (Wed., 8/9):  Missing two messages, received none.
Yesterday (Tues., 8/8):  Received 3 of 4 (missing the first "ping" message)
Monday, 8/7:  Received 8 of 16 messages (missing 8)
Sunday, 8/6:  Received 3 of 5 messages (missing 2)
Saturday, 8/5:  Received 15 of 19 messages (missing 4)
Friday, 8/4:  Received all 44 of 44 messages

So, it looks like this problem started sometime on Saturday morning.
The first message that I didn't receive was "Chroot problem" from Jim,
which was sent on /Sat Aug 5 08:12:20/.  Incidentally, I did receive his
follow-up message at 10:10, where he said he didn't receive his own
prior post.

I hope this information is useful to someone for troubleshooting and
resolving the problem.

Alan