[ale] CSV file parser or alternative

Jim Seymour bluejay at speedfactory.net
Fri Aug 4 20:46:03 EDT 2006

Hi All,

I am looking for a way to pull certain row/column values from a csv file
to save in a text file that I can load into MySQL. I have not seen a
direct way using MySQL to pull the data and load into the correct
columns. The file is 15 lines long and is in this format;

"ABIAX",20.63,"2006-08-03","6:00pm",-0.09,N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A
"ACEIX",8.78,"2006-08-03","6:00pm",-0.03,N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A
etc.....

Basically I need to pull the date value one time and then the fund
values in series after that and create a text file that can be loaded
into MySQL through the "LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE" command. I understand
there is a commercial product that can do this. I am looking for a
"free" method for my Debian Etch box. Ideas?

Thanks,

--
Jim Seymour <bluejay at speedfactory.net>