[ale] Hardening of the brain

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Wed Aug 2 11:57:42 EDT 2006

It's not always a result of age.  I remember when I was a still a "pup"
and first had access to Windoze over DOS I refused to use it saying
"someone who knows what he is doing doesn't need namby pamby GUI".  Over
the years though, I have found many GUI tools that I prefer to use over
CLI.  Sometimes you just don't change because there's no pressing need.

One argument to help people switch that know you work in IT would be
simply to say to them "If it were Linux I could help but I really don't
know Windoze".  Free support might make all the difference.  :-)

I still say this internet thing will never really catch on...